1. Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth or toothpick between them?
2. Are your gums red, tender or swollen?
3. Are your gums pulling away from your teeth?
4. Do you see pus between your teeth and your gums when your gums are pressed?
5. Are your permanent teeth loose or separating?
6. Is there any change in the way your teeth fit together?
7. Is there any change in the fit of your partial dentures?
8. Do you have bad breath?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions you may be at risk for gum disease or
periodontitis. There are several treatments depending on the stage of periodontitis you may have. You should contact a dentist as soon as possible to receive the best possible treatment plan for you.